Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekend Ideas

Since we are coming upon the weekend, I feel that it is pertinent to talk about fun weekend activities to do with your family. Growing up in a family of five with two younger brothers and athletic parents, most of my summers were spent outdoors. Fortunately for me, I enjoyed these adventures and still find fun and relaxation in nature.

In childhood, there are no moments more influential than those spent with the ones we love. If you can use this precious time to help  your child foster a love and respect of nature, family, and exercise you have the opportunity to help influence the life choices they will make down the road. So the next time you are trying to come up with a great family outing for your weekend, think of your local recreational activities and go from there!

My family loved to go to our local lake and rent paddle boats, feed the ducks, play catch, ride our bicycles and roller-blade. When I was searching on the internet I came across a site that had a list  of (literally 100) suggestions of fun and cheap things to do with your kids. Because I don't  believe I could recreate a similar list of ideas, I thought it more than fitting to give credit to this lovely site by linking it directly onto this post (althought it is also a link on my blog!).

Please check out these great ideas and give them a try! Enjoy :)
http://zenhabits.net/100-ways-to-have-fun-with-your-kids-for/

No comments:

Post a Comment